This is world class appetizer. If you love anchovies (like me) you will love this recipe, and if you don't like anchovies, just leave them off and it's still great. You will need a cast iron pan or griddle. This should be placed on top of your grill grate and brought to a high heat.
1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
1 cup olive oil
Sea salt and fresh ground pepper
1 baguette sliced into 12-15 1/2 inch thick slices
1 log of soft goat cheese
1 can of anchovy fillets
1/2 bunch flat leaf parsley
1 tablespoon of fresh minced garlic
1/4 cup fresh oregano leaves
1. Make the sauce. Combine 1/2 cup of olive oil with 1/2 bunch of minced flat leaf parley, 1/4 cup oregano and minced garlic.
2.Toss the tomatoes with 1/2 cup oil and salt and pepper.
3. Toast the baguette slices on the grill (about 1 min on each side).
4. Place the tomatoes sliced side down on the hot griddle and leave them there until they are burnt on the bottom (about 10 minutes).
5. While the tomatoes are cooking spread the goat cheeses on the toasted baguettes (about 1/3 inch thick).
6. Remove the tomatoes (use a stiff metal spatula) and place 3-4 on each baguette (the goat cheese will act like glue).
7. Top the tomatoes with one anchovy fillet.
8. Drizzle with a tablespoon of olive oil sauce.